Write the list:
- Create a list which doesn’t need to be in chronological order. Start at birth with any events/memories around your birth and pregnancy and then move forward.
- You do not need to tell the whole story. Make bullet points of events of memories, things you witnessed, experienced, physical, and emotional abuses or inappropriate behaviors.
- Your list could include accidents, moves, illnesses, hurts, fears, people you hate or cannot stand to be around.
- Your list of issues could be dreams, movies, or stories told.
- Write it down even if you think you cleared it worked through it with other forms of therapy or doesn’t bother you.
- If you have physical pain, write down when it happened, the places, events, stories, what it feel like, the emotions about it, who else has it, and how it affects you today.
- You may experience emotions while gathering this information but remember when we address these, eventually they will become just a past event with no attachment to them any longer. Be patient and kind to yourself. We will get through this together.
Please note: below maybe some techniques that may be used during the session.
The 5 areas to tap using both hands, if you are new to this are:
- Between eyebrows
- Both sides of each eye
- Under each eye
- Collar bone
- Then hold your wrist, take a deep breath and say “Peace” at the end of the exhale. (see chart below for the tapping points)